28. The doctrine of following prior court decisions is referred to as:
____ a. A bad idea b. Stare decisis
c. Jurisdiction d. Ripeness
29. That which refers to the cite or location where a trial takes place is called:
____ a. In Rem Jurisdiction b. Domicile
c. Residence d. Venue
30. When a case is appealed to the Supreme Court you are allowed how many jurors?
____ A. 12 if a felony B. Always 6
C. None D. Sometimes 6 and sometimes 12
31. The Minnesota Supreme Court must hear the following case types?
_____ a. First degree murder b. Worker Compensation Court Appeals
c. Tax Court Appeals d. All of the above
32. The process of picking a jury is called:
____ a. Voir dire b. Help me out here
c. contempt d. Joinder of Process
33. Who decides who can and cannot practice law in Minnesota?
_____ a. Legislature b. Supreme Court
c. Governor d. None of the above
34. An integrated bar means?
_____ a. A state bar in which membership is compulsary
b. A state bar where membership is voluntary
c. A state bar that includes all ethnic groups
d. a state bar that is run jointly by the supreme court and the governor
35. The attorney-client privilege is:
_____ a. The same as the ethics rules on confidentiality
b. Broader than the ethics rules on confidentiality
c. A rule of evidence
d. None of the above
36. The attorney-client privilege applies in which of the following circumstances?
_____ a. Only if the client is seeking legal advice
b. If the client is seeking advice of any nature or kind
c. Only after a fee has been paid
d. Only after the initial consultation
37. Courts can gain jurisdiction over out of state residents by using the power granted to them in their:
a. Long arm statutes
b. Full faith and credit clause of the constitution
c. In loco parentis powers
d. None of the above
38. As a general rule:
_____ a. paralegals may sign pleadings b. certified paralegals may sign pleadings
c. paralegals can't prepare pleadings d. paralegals should never sign pleadings
39. The following are examples of civil litigation:
a. Tort cases b. Traffic Offenses
c. Contract cases d. All of the above
e. a & c f. None of the above
40. Most states use some version of this insanity defense in a criminal proceeding?
a. Exclusionary Rule b. Recidivist Rule
c. M'Naughten Rule d. Summary Judgment
41. In which of the following circumstances can an attorney reveal what would otherwise be protected by the privilege?
42. The practice of billing clients for paralegal time:
secsectetsectetur adipiscing elit. Nasectetur adipiscingsectetur adipiscingsectetur adipiscing elit. Nam lsectetur adipiscing elitsectetur adipiscing elit.sectetur adipiscing elit. Nam lacinia pulvinar tortor nsectetur adipiscing elit. Nam lacinia pulvinar tortor nec facisectetur adipiscing elit. Nam lacinia pulvin
Unlock access to this and over
10,000 step-by-step explanations
Have an account? Log In