The Dead List
Season five of Game of Thrones is less than a month away! Before we dive right back into the drama of a new season, let’s review. For the next several weeks check here for the Cliffs version of the complicated webs spun throughout Westeros thus far. This week we’re getting right to the macabre – who died.
So who’s dead? The list is long per Game of Thrones standards, so here we go. This may be the most important list yet.
1. Joffrey Baratheon, Evil Baby King – he is mysteriously poisoned at his own wedding, though we later find out Olenna Tyrell (Margaery’s grandmother) did it to save her granddaughter from Joffrey’s malevolent clutches.
2. Ygritte (“you know nothing Jon Snow!”) – This fiery little lady was shot by a small boy trying to help in the Battle of Castle Black. Just in time for Jon Snow to see. Ugh right in the feels.
3. Oberyn Martell – this sassy newcomer from Dorne was cut down by the Mountain, after Oberyn stepped in as Tyrion’s champion in his trial by combat (for allegedly poisoning and killing Evil Baby King Joffrey).
4. Tywin Lannister – didn’t see this one coming, did ya? Shot on the porcelain throne by his son, Tyrion. Tyrion may have been a little bit upset that his father was sentencing him to death for a crime he didn’t commit.
5. Lysa Arryn – we all knew someone was going through this Moon Door at The Vale. Petyr Baelish pushes Lysa out the door after announcing he’s only ever loved Lysa’s sister (Catelyn Stark) with Sansa as a witness.
6. The Hound (?) – after an incredible battle with Brienne of Tarth, we watched the Hound tumble off a cliff. Arya runs down to see him and refuses his pleas to kill him. We’re supposed to believe he’s left to die… but we’re not so sure.
…is there anyone left to star in Season 5?
Check back next week for more Game of Thrones Season 4 recaps!