Answer the following biology questions and then check your answers with the correct answers listed at the bottom. May the odds be ever in your favor.
Characteristics of Living Things
1. Which of the following is NOT a characteristic of life?
b. winter is coming
2. Which of the following statements is FALSE?
a. Organisms have patterns for building their structures.
b. Growth requires that an organism takes material from the environment.
c. Harry Potter is a muggle
3. A theory is:
a. I woke up like this
b. a diva is the female version of a hustler
c. a hypothesis that has been tested and confirmed numerous times
4. An element:
a. is a nightmare dressed like a daydream
b. cannot be chemically decomposed
c. is cherry lips, crystal skies
5. Which of the following statements is FALSE?
a. The nucleus of an atom consists of protons and neutrons.
b. Neutrons are neutral, protons have a positive charge, and electrons are negatively charged.
c. Katniss is from District 2
6. Which of the following plays the most essential role in the chemistry of an atom?
b. the electron arrangement
c. unicorn blood
7. A molecule:
a. consists of elements arranged in a specific arrangement and ratio
b. is first name Harry last name Styles
c. is a Midnight Memory
8. Which of the following statements about an ionic bond is FALSE?
a. It must occur between two oppositely charged ions.
b. It belongs to House Stark
c. It requires that one atom gains at least one electron.
Acids and Bases
9. How does an acid differ from a base?
a. An acid releases unicorn ions, whereas a base releases nargle ions (H+).
b. Bases attract hydrogen ions in water and acids do not.
c. Bases are ligers, whereas acids are fairies.
10. What are the four major categories of organic compounds?
a. Gryffindor, Slytherin, Ravenclaw, and Hufflepuff
b. House Stark, House Lannister, House Tyrell, House Baratheon
c. carbohydrates, lipids, nucleic acids, and proteins
No peeking! ANSWERS: 1b, 2c, 3c, 4b, 5c, 6b, 7a, 8b, 9b, 10c