Home Is Where the Death Is
Ah…to go back home and see where you grew up. Isn’t that a dream that we all have, just maybe?
- Seeing your district bombed to ashes except for the Victor’s Village
- Suffering from a concussion after surviving the Quarter Quell
- Blaming yourself for the many people who have died
- Wondering what the Capitol is doing to your partner from the Quarter Quell
- Knowing that you’re being manipulated by your new “family”
Welcome to Katniss Everdeen’s world in Chapter 1 of Suzanne Collins’ Mockingjay. At least the Quarter Quell in Catching Fire is over.
At the beginning of Mockingjay, Katniss surveys District 12, where she lived, now demolished by bombs sent by the Capitol. Gale, her friend-who-wants-more, hovers over the district in a hovercraft, which we all want to own, admit it. But Peeta’s being held by the Capitol, and Katniss doesn’t know what Mr. Evil President Snow is doing to him.
We’re wondering what we’d do if we received a white rose like Katniss does from The Most Evil Person in the World. Tear it apart probably. Katniss doesn’t.