1. Discuss the relationship between Shaw's Preface and with the drama as a whole.
2. Discuss the various paradoxes and ironies that run throughout the drama.
3. Discuss the differences between Undershaft's and Major Barbara's commitments to the improvement of humanity.
4. Discuss Undershaft and Cusins as Shaw's ideal "superman."
5. In spite of its intellectual basis, Major Barbara is considered to be one of Shaw's major comedies. Discuss the various comic techniques that Shaw uses to keep his audience involved in the action of the play.