1. Discuss the present day significance of Inherit the Wind and explain why this play has been called "the greatest courtroom drama of the twentieth century."
2. Compare and contrast the characterization of Brady and Drummond. Explain how the perception of the townspeople reinforces their characterizations.
3. Explain how Brady be considered a tragic figure. In your discussion, consider the idea of hubris.
4. Analyze the significance of the setting in Inherit the Wind. In doing so, consider the role of the town in the play and Lawrence and Lee's portrayal of Southern fundamentalists.
5. Explain how the conversation between Howard and Melinda serves as an introduction to the basic conflict in the play.