1. Describe the relationships that slave mothers have with their children in Beloved. How are these relationships affected by slavery? How are they affected by freedom?
2. What are some examples of healing in Beloved? How are people healed physically? Spiritually?
3. Discuss the use of nature imagery in Beloved and how it corresponds to the characters' moods or situations.
4. Describe the different ways in which white people treat African-Americans in Beloved. How do the African-Americans respond to such treatment?
5. How does Sethe justify her murder of Beloved? How are her actions viewed by the townspeople? By Paul D?