1. Research the interior decoration of the period and use illustrations to show several of the items used by Wharton in her interiors.
2. Research Edith Wharton's war years and report on her many actions to help others.
3. In what ways did Wharton's life influence her novel? Pair up with another person and present an interview with the author.
4. Create a Web site for The Age of Innocence with principle areas including the author's background, as well as setting, characters, symbols, and themes.
5. Act out a key scene in the story and convey the importance of its nature in the context of the book.
6. Create a collage that shows the relationships of the characters in the story and explain your thinking to your audience.
7. Create an exhibit of photographs from the late 1800s and use quotations from the novel for captions.