1. Why do the men of the mind go on strike?
2. What are the reasons for Rearden's willingness to support the family that seeks to destroy him?
3. Why does a great mind like Robert Stadler's believe that joining the looters is necessary?
4. In a book whose main positive characters are geniuses, what is the significance of a "common man" such as Eddie Willers?
5. Explain the "sanction of the victim" principle that Hank Rearden identifies and uses at his trial.
6. What are the causes of the Taggart Tunnel disaster?