Information may be displayed in many ways. The three basic types of graphs you should know are bar graphs, line graphs, and circle graphs (or pie charts).
When answering questions related to a graph, you should
- Examine the entire graph—notice labels and headings.
- Focus on the information given.
- Look for major changes—high points, low points, trends.
- Do not memorize the graph; refer to it.
- Pay special attention to which part of the graph the question is referring to.
- Reread the headings and labels if you don't understand.