1. Is Wuthering Heights a novel about love? If so, what kind? If not, what is its primary theme?
2. Although Nelly and Lockwood are the primary narrators, other characters get to narrate a chapter or two, though Edgar does not. What effect does the lack of insight into his character's point of view have on Wuthering Heights?
3. Compare and contrast Wuthering Heights and Thrushcross Grange.
4. What role does the supernatural play in Wuthering Heights?
5. A multitude of ordered pairs exist throughout the text. What are the most significant dualities? What does Brontë gain by creating symmetry between generations? What does she lose?