1. Bradbury once confessed that had he not become a writer, he would have become a priest or a minister. Show how this tendency to sermonize manifests itself in this novel
2. Using specific examples from the novel, show how the second stanza of the Christmas carol "I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day" is actually the basis of the plot structure of the novel.
3. What is the significance of the smile imagery in the novel?
4. Discuss the theme of dissatisfaction with self using Miss Foley, Charles Halloway, and Jim Nightshade as examples.
5. Describe in some depth the significance of the title of the novel.