1. Analyze the interplay of philosophy and politics in The Flies.
2. Trace the development of the Oresteian story and show how Sartre presents it in The Flies.
3. In what way can The Flies be considered to be an existentialist drama?
4. Write a short essay on the evolution of Orestes' character. How do Zeus, Aegistheus, and Clytemnestra influence this development?
5. Show how the language of Sartre suits the character(s) speaking it.
6. Discuss Sartre's concept of freedom and responsibility, as portrayed in The Flies.