1. Discuss what is meant by the Romantic patterns found in the novel?
2. Describe the personality of Victor Frankenstein and the monster he creates.
3. How does the monster learn about the world in which he lives?
4. Is the ending inevitable? Do the monster and Victor have to be destroyed in order for there to be order restored among men?
5. How is Frankenstein both a Romantic novel and a Gothic horror novel?
6. Discuss the role that nature plays in this novel.
7. Are the characters of Robert Walton and Victor Frankenstein similar or dissimilar? Discuss your viewpoint fully.
8. What is the significance of Milton's Paradise Lost, Plutarch's Lives, and The Sorrows of Werter?