1. As a class project, divide into small groups, with each presenting a scene from the novel as a short play.
2. If you could change any single aspect of the style or plot of Catch-22, what would it be? Show how you would change it.
3. Are there any Catch-22 situations in your life or the lives of fellow students? Consider home, school, and community. List any that might apply and discuss how they work.
4. Consider the themes of greed and ambition in the novel. Are any of these embodied in your own life or the lives of those around you? Are they constructive or destructive? How?
5. As a class project, choose four favorite characters from Catch-22 and discuss what you think happens in their lives in the ten years after the end of the novel.