1. Why does the Council of Vocations assign Equality 7-2521 to sweeping the streets?
2. Why do the collectivists prohibit knowledge of the word "I"?
3. What is referred to by the Unmentionable Times? What were conditions like in that period of history?
4. In what way does the love relationship between Equality 7-2521 and the Golden One violate the fundamental beliefs of this society?
5. Why do several of Equality 7-2521's fellow street sweepers cry suddenly and/or scream in the night? What does their unhappiness say about both human nature and conditions in this society?
6. Why do the Scholars condemn the electric light even though they recognize its effectiveness?